What Alcohol Poisoning Looks Like
- Person is asleep and can’t be woken up
- Breathing is slow or irregular
- Skin/lips are cold, clammy, pale or bluish
- Person is vomiting while passed out
- If someone with alcohol poisoning is left untreated, they can suffer from hypothermia, irregular heart beat and breathing, low blood sugar (leads to seizures), severe dehydration and death.
- Even if the person lives, an alcohol overdose can cause irreversible brain damage.
What to Do
- Stay calm.
- Turn the person on his or her side to prevent choking while vomiting.
- Do not leave the person alone or let him or her “sleep it off.”
- Call 911 immediately. He or she probably has alcohol poisoning, which could be fatal or cause serious health problems.